Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why?

From a client today:

"Why do some moms who do everything they are asked to do lose their kids and some moms who relapse still have their kids? Why?"

I don't know.

As much as I like to think the system treats each case the same, I believe it's not reality. In reality it really depends on a multitude of factors such as how aggressive a client's worker is, the state of mind of the judge on that day, etc.

How sad is this?

The tie between a mother and her children will be permanetly severed today. My heart is heavy. I really thought the mother was progressing and doing well. Apparently it was not enough.

:(

Until our next visit,
New BSW

1 comment:

  1. http://www.scribd.com/doc/73311412/Self-Care-Meditations-by-Dr-Dombo-and-Dr-Gray?secret_password=molvuesnzuef5asetoz
    This link may help you with self care and letting go of the outcome while still doing your best for your clients! Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete