Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's raining....work!

 So yes it's official: I passed the background check and I start in a couple weeks! Yay! (Not that I was scared that I wouldn't pass the background check but hey, I sometimes sleep walk so you never know!) lol.

It was amazing to go over things like benefits, salary (which is not blah but not yay however it's my first "real" social worker job so I'm not going to complain), paydays, hours, etc! To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I'm beyond thrilled. It actually took me a couple of hours before I could stop grinning like a doll and let it soak in.

So I've given my 2 weeks notice already (and yes, it felt great!) What this means that I have 2 weeks to get my work wrapped up and that's not enough time, I'm realizing. Confession: I'm working harder these past few days than I have ever for a long time. I guess it's because I'm a micro-manager and like to leave with things "ready" for the workers who will be providing coverage until they find someone to replace me. I was hoping to kinda relax but obviously that's not going to happen.

Anywho, there's a lot to do for this job and my new job. It's crazy but a good kind of crazy.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment