Thursday, July 14, 2011

Riding this bicycle.

So I've been in the field for about 6mths now (or as I like to think of it, half a year.) And I finally feel like I've gotten the hang of it...on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most, I would meekly say I'm at a 2. Meaning I know who to call if I'm having computer problems, the front desk no longer asks who I am there to see, and I finally have a paragraph length general intro that I've memorize to say to clients during angry, akward initial homevisits.

Until our next visit,

New BSW

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog. I am a student who has recently decided to persue a career in social work. I love how honest your blog is and how you dont sugar coat things. Please keep writing.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to the above person. I will write as much as I can because I know when I was in school (oh not too long ago,) I too enjoyed reading about other social worker's account of the "real" world. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete