Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catty non-social-workery post.

The current position that I'm leaving has been good to me. Working in this agency has provided me with priceless experiences and skills that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to get. So for that I'm thankful for. And I'll miss the comfort of this job as I've grown to shape it to my liking.

What I will not miss is some of the co-workers here. And so here is where my social worker attitude stops and my inner catty 15-year old comes out for a little bit. I am so excited to leave cube mates who have gossip & giggle feasts with each other when I'm on the phone with a client. I am so excited to leave one of the agency supervisors who always gives me the once over (it is a she and no she is not a lesbian nor am I.) I am so excited to leave all the political games behind (I work at a government agency.) I am so excited to leave the time reporting that is required of us from the state. I am so excited to leave all the paperwork that I've been forced to keep. I am so excited to leave.

There. Now, back to my normal, good-hearted social work self.

No comments:

Post a Comment